At TechLegis we assist foreign companies in formulating, structuring or fine-tuning their India entry strategies and in implementing the same. We also assists in obtaining necessary statutory approvals and licenses from various regulatory and government departments and agencies such as the Foreign Investment Promotion Board, Reserve Bank of India, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Secretariat of Industrial Assistance, Ministry of Finance and Industry, Company Law Board, Department of Electricity, Department of Telecommunication etc.
Where M&A route is the clients preferred entry/expansion option in India or for other forms of strategic corporate restructuring, our dynamic team ensures that the proposed deal is consummated in the most business friendly manner. In this regard our specialist services include advice on international tax structuring, investment routing, legal due diligence, advice on direct and indirect taxation, assistance in obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals and compliance with multiple statutory requirements.
TechLegis’s Corporate Compliance team enables clients to meet all their statutory, regulatory, procedural and business compliance obligations in a timely manner. The team include several experienced professionals who are members of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or members of the Bar Council. Our strategic advice, procedural assistance and compliance support relates, (but is not limited) to the following areas:
- Foreign Investment including FDI (both FIPB and non-FIPB routes)
- Formation of Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), Trusts, Societies, Project Office, Liaison Office & Branch Office
- Reserve Bank of India approvals
- M&A related services including due diligence, secretarial matters and deal structuring
- Joint Ventures / Shareholders Agreement
- Islamic Finance, Sharia Compliance and Alternative Banking
- Liaison with the Registrar of Companies (RoC), Company Law Board (CLB), Regional Director (RD), The Sub Registrar, Official Liquidator (OL), Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and other Government Agencies
- Regular Secretarial Compliances, Maintenance of Statutory Registers and Board General Meetings compliances and Secretarial Audits prescribed as per Companies Act
- Filings with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Authorized Dealers (AD) with regard to the issuance of shares and securities
- Filings with the RoC, Independent search at the Office of the RoC, Changes to Company Name, Registered Office, and Objects Clause etc.
- International Trade including Import & Export Code
- Applicability of Competition Law, Anti-Dumping, Transfer Pricing and Competition Law fillings and advice
- External Commercial Borrowings (ECB)
- Listing compliances and Listing/Delisting on stock exchanges
- Mergers & Amalgamations
- Asset Acquisitions and Buy-outs
- Corporate Reorganization and Reconstructions
- Dissolution & Winding up of Companies